Release Notes Sailaway 2.08
- Fixed some of the issues with special characters øöé (in some cases it will help to type the text again, because it was stored incorrectly in the database)
- Added a tiny button next to the Depth indicator to overrule the depth. This will help sailing areas that have incorrect depths. It only works if you're not in a race or challenge and do not have other people on board. It also doesn't work when offline.
- The measurement tool in the map didn't always show.
- The foils on the Imoca would show water splashing up at the extended position eventhough they were half or fully retracted.
- Badges didn't always show in the leaderboard
- The stars in the nightsky were aligned wrong
- The last position of the boat in the boat chooser showed N/S instead of E/W next to the longitude
- The effect of the traveller on the angle of the mainsail was reversed
- The texture and customization settings of the mizzen staysail on the Ketch were not not saved correctly
Release Notes Sailaway 2.07
- User edits had a line of deep water around them in the map
- Very strong winds were a bit too extreme
Release Notes Sailaway 2.06
- The flag can be changed into your own country's flag again
Release Notes Sailaway 2.05
- The build in flag animation by Unity is now replaced by a custom animation
- To prevent differences between the waterdepth on the map and the actual water under the boat, the computation is now done in a more reliable, but slower way.
- The current speed in the Info tab was displayed in m/s, eventhough it said knots.
- Wildlife was accidentally disabled
- Light chracters like Q(6)+LFl.15s didn't work
- Light character F now defaults to FW
- Races where the boats have to turn exactly 360 degrees around the mark had an incorrect detection line that was rotated 180 degrees. This is now solved, but beware that when the circle around the mark is bigger than 360 degrees, boats stil have to cross the rumpline to be detected. But this shouldn't be a problem since it's more logical to change the direction of the mark in such cases.
- The volume of the hull bashing into the waves is adjusted to the windspeed.
- Tension cracks are less frequent, are only audible above 2m/s wind and the volume is adjusted to the windspeed.
- Non-default characters like ö and é were displayed incorrect. Let me know if you still see any errors somewhere.
- The boat would continue to go in circles when you held the A or D key too long.
- When someone joins a crew he gets the skillslevel of the owner of the boat. When he leaves the crew he should go back to his original skills level.
- When someone comes on board and takes over the skipper role, he should receive the latest position and controls from the current skipper.
- Boat would sometimes suddenly move over the map like crazy when multiple people were on board
- Several improvements to make the multiplayer system more redundant and capable of handling connectivity problems
- The engine was not synchronized between multiple players on board
- Edits in the user profile were only saved when the window was closed.
- When the measure tool in the map was activated and you switched boats, it remained activated.
- Helping hand button would stay disabled when you switched to a boat in a race and then back to non-racing boat
- Rendering of terrain edits on the map was broken. Per pixel x-y coordinates were swiched and flipped.
- Offline sailing did not correctly take the world edits into account when it measured the water depth.
- Wind speeds can get a bit more extreme now
- Deleting a waypoint was also possible with the padlock closed
- The homeport did not show on the Learn to sail boat
- On the Mini-Transat the hotspot for selecting ropes was not directly after the blockers
- At high windspeeds the snow effect was too extreme
Release Notes Sailaway 2.04
- Weather was not updated when you stayed online on the same boat
- Autopilot had trouble to maintain the angle to the wind at close hauled courses
- The Imoca sailed less fast offline than online, because the foils were not recognized by the offline speed calculation routine
- The Imoca is now faster on a reach
Release notes Sailaway 2.03
- Local time in GPS screen now shows the time on board
- Sailaway Basic licenses from before november 4th still had trouble adding a 2nd and 3rd boat for any model
- Team boats can now be deleted
- Water rain drops on the screen were a bit too much
- When the boat was anchored, it didn't show in the autonavigation menu after you came back online
- The boat name opacity was removed after the boat was loaded, causing the boat name to disappear
- Keel and foils didn't switch to the other side after a tack when offline
- Changing the autopilot would sometimes release the main sheet
- Animated cursor has been removed because it lagged too much behind on computers with poor framerates
- The sailnumber on the IMOCA was mirrored on both sides
- Various invisible bug fixes and improvements
Release notes Sailaway 2.02
- pink buildings are removed (again)
- the map would sometimes continuously retrieve the locations of all boats causing hickups in performance.
- if an invalid hotkey was assigned, this would constantly invoke an internal error routine that prevented other hotkeys from working.
- Additional features to Sailaway Basic are added for users who activated Sailaway before 2019-11-04 12:00 UTC. These are: ability to upload textures, ability to start/join a team, ability to add boats to a maximum of 3 per boattype for the boattypes that were also available in Sailaway 1
Release Notes Sailaway 2.01
- a boat that was sailing in a challenge would be teleported to the startline after switching boats.
- sometimes you'd encounter a large pink object
- Foresail controls were not accessible when you used the hotkey
- After a capsize, you'd sometimes immediately capsize again before you got a chance to reduce sail. Every time you now capsize due to carrying too much sail, a sail is dropped for you.
- The Imoca now has an engine as well
- Owners of Sailaway Basic were unable to access the boat customization window.
- City names with special characters were displayed wrong
- The wind overlay in the map was switched off
Release Notes Sailaway 2.00
- Made distinction between Free, Basic and Full license
- Ketch cruiser added
- Imoca added
- You can now move around freely on board with Shift WASD, Shift + l/r mouse drag, and the scrollwheel. With Shift Home/End you can toggle between 3 view point heights that rare comparable to standing, sitting and lying down.
- Crewmembers are represented by their profile picture on board. The location of the picture on board shows where the crewmember currently sits or stands.
- Added Nr1, Nr2, Nr3, Mizzen and Mizzen staysail on Ketch and Nr1, Nr2 on Imoca.
- Boats instantiated by you can now be deleted
- You can show a sail number on your sail
- The boat name is projected on the hull and can be sized, rotated, tapered and translated
- Added a list with all world edits made by users. The list can be ordered per column and users can vote and leave comments. The list is accessible from the map by pressing the lighthouse button.
- When users create video tutorials or have an explanatory website, they can upload the link to Sailaway. The links are shown in a list and can bet voted and commented on.
- Same goes for other links that are related to sailing or Sailaway and are useful for Sailaway users. You can find the access to this list behind the Activities section in the main menu.
- The camera zooms automatically when the mouse hovers over trimlines.
- You can zoom in/out as if using binoculars with the scrollwheel
- At night there is a red headlight that can be activated under the pulldown menu "view options" in the top of the screen
- All UI elements can be switched off for undistracted sailing with the button in the top right corner of the screen. Hitting the Esc key will bring the UI back
- In the left top corner of the screen is a button that gives access to a list of all keyboard shortcuts and to links of tutorials and other resourcs shared by sailors
- Sailaway can be downloaded and installed directly from the Sailaway.world website
- When a trimline is selected, the UI will show the current value and the related shape values of the sails it affects
- Boats now have an engine (except the 32' Offshore racer, the Mini Transat and the Imoca, that do not have an engine)
- You can switch between Qwerty and Azerty keyboard in the Gameplay options.
- With Shift Esc you can switch between fullscreen and windowed mode
- Size and positions of windows is remembered and restored the next time
- New multiplayer implementation with increased accuracy and response times (see https://wp.sailaway.world/2019/01/05/sailaway-multiplayer-in-depth/)
- The function of the Esc has changed. It is used to:
. close boat config panel if open
. release currently selected line
. go back to helmsman position
. open the main menu
. close the main menu
- New physics for making boats and buoys float on the water
- The core program to select and adjust trimlines/rudder is completely rewritten and now works faster and more accurate.
- The tooltips for the selected trimline is renewed and now shows the result for the shape of the sail while you pull the line
- The way that trimlines are selected and pulled/eased is rewritten from scratch. It now works more precise and works a lot faster. You do not need to click to select the line anymore, only click and drag. However, this can interfere with rotating the camera with the mouse. It's better to rotate the camera by dragging the right mouse button. For now, the left mouse button still works.
- When Sailaway determines the most optimal trim line settings for you it does so by experimentation until the best combination is found rather than fixed rules.
- Steam workshop is replaced by Sailaway functionality, because people using a directly installed copy of Sailway would not have access to custom boat designs otherwise.
- The Ketch and Imoca can raise and operate multiple foresails at the same time.
- Crew status now shows the new control setting when a crew member is controlling a line
- Updated to Unity 2019.2
- Depth of field is now disabled when the boat configuration panel is open
- The sea surface is now "carved" by the boat. This prevents the hull from appearing under water in high waves.
- The ocean is flattened behind the boat depending on the speed. This makes the boat float more natural in the water and it prevents the water from being rendered on top of the cockpitfloor
- Autofocus in depth of field routine also takes mouse position into account (location under the cursor will come into focus)
- Clickable area of the steering wheel was too big, which made it hard to just look around when you were behind the wheel
- Map renders faster
- Land renders faster and has a higher resolution, but inherent to this there will be some jitter when you rotate the camera.
- Land positions are updated constantly and no longer makes "jumps"
- OpenStreetmap buildings and objects placed in the WorldEditor are constantly repositioned to keep them at the correct coordinates
- OpenStreetMap buidings that are not situated on land are disabled
- A boat in a race can only be shadowed by other boats that are competing in the same race. Spectators and other boats have no influence anymore.
- The world edits are now incorporated into the depth check routines when sailing offline or when teleporting
- There is no difference between player created races and official races in the main menu anymore
- New login screen and login routines
- When the simulator handles trimlines for you, it changes 1 line at a time and shows you what it is doing.
- The download size of Sailaway is a lot smaller because the high level heightmaps are no longer included. Only the ones that are needed are downloaded while scrolling through the map.
- Tutorials now have their own menu section.
- Mirroring the overlay texture on the other side of the hull (starboard side) is now optional to prevent mirrored tex
- Weather is now updated from grib files up to 80 degrees north
- Shift PgUp/PgDn will allow you to move the camera vertically
- Depth indicator text will become bold, and then orange when entering a shallow area
- Sea ripples were showing distant repetition
- Sea reflection looks more lively now
- Boats now have 11 particle generators for water splashes along the hull instead of 6
- Water particles are generated from the position where the water touches the boat and the boat's bow wave is now included in those computations
- Water particle emitters are more responsive to the interaction between the hull and the water
- Half raised or reefed sails have better meshes now
- Improved rain visuals
- Improved land textures
- Satellite imagery is used to make a difference between the rendering of desert areas and more fertile areas
- Accumulated snow on terrain is now related to temperature as well as height
- OpenStreetMap buildings now have lights at night
- Navigation lights are visible a a greater distance
- Foresails are curved more when the sheet is eased
- New music composed by Francisco Perez added
- Sails would also make a flapping sound at almost no wind
- Once per 12 hour boat log entry was not always added when boats were racing
- Log entries were not always recorded for boats that were sailing in a race
- When the boat had capsized while it sailed offline, the skipper was not always able to upright it.
- Flapping sails did not move smoothly
- Shortkeys for barberhaulers were missing
- The boat log in the map showed a line from the first log position to the boat instead of the last log position to the boat
- Dark sections in sectorlights were illuminated in the default color, instead of being dark
- Not all geographical names were shown in the map
- When the angle of rounding a race or challenge buoy was more than 180 degrees, the detection line appeared on the wrong side of the buoy
- Light characters that contained groups didn't work properly (like VQ(6) 10s)
- Tiller response was not direct enough and felt unnatural
- Particles were sometimes displayed begind the sails
- The contents of several dorp downlistboxes was not resized with the screen
- Steam achievements are no longer implemented
orbcreation b.v. - dr. schaepmanstraat 66 - 2982ag ridderkerk - the netherlands - terms and conditions